Our lab focuses on the development of fusion technologies between IT and civil engineering. The research fields include construction automation, robotics, instrumentation, monitoring, inspection, control, and rehabilitation for civil infrastructure. We also deal with construction informatics supporting sensing, analysis and design activities needed to construct and operate smart and sustainable built environments.
[Major research fields for Construction IT]
[Ubiquitous robots in the U-City and their core technologies]
Our research interests are categorized into the following areas, but are not limited to:
- IT-based Civil Engineering
- Structural health monitoring (SHM) using IT techniques (Vision, LRF)
- Localization and navigation of smart vehicle for structural inspection
- Autonomous Robot Navigation
- Vision, LiDAR, Magnetic field, Beacon-based robot navigation
- Autonomous navigation of surface vehicle
- Underwater robot (robotic fish) navigation
- Ubiquitous Robotic Infrastructure Design
- The ubiquitous & intelligent robotic infrastructure to mitigate the restrictions in the mobility of robots
- Context-awareness using ubiquitous audio-visual sensor networks
- Ubiquitous & embedded actuator design
- Robot navigation infrastructure design
- Localization & map-building using ubiquitous sensor networks
- 3D dynamic simulation of designed robotic infrastructure
- Embedded Robot-Human Interaction (eRHI)
- Ubiquitous intelligence: Design of distributed inference engine
- Ubiquitous robot design for environmental inspection and surveillance
- Eco-systematic robot design: Rechargeable during its working, Power reproduction mechanism, etc.
- Environmental rehabilitation robot: Automatic pollution detection and purification by using manipulation and mobility
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning: SVM, PCA, ICA, etc.
- Computational intelligence: Evolutionary computation, Neural networks, Fuzzy logic
- Deep neural networks, Deep learning
- Gesture recognition, Object recognition
- Intelligent Construction Robots
- 3D environment sensing & perception: Autonomous 3D map-building
- 3D robot navigation: 3D localization, obstacle avoidance, and path planning
- Real-time HRI (Human-Robot Interaction) for teleoperation of construction robot
- Fault construction detection based on 3D map-matching
- Evolutionary Robotics & Structural Design Optimization
- Evolutionary Robotics: Evolvable H/W and S/W robot architecture design that adapts itself by learning from ubiquitous sensory information.
- Evolutionary Constrained Optimization: Large-scale optimal design methods dealing with multiple structural constraints
더 새롭게, 더 다르게 (New & Different, World First!)
- 남이 하지 않는 것을 한다
- 남이 이미 잘 하는 것, 많이 하는 것은 하지 않는다.
- 한 우물을 판다. (한 연구주제에 대해 10년 이상 투자)
- 다양한 분야와 융합한다. (깊이 있는 연구를 바탕으로 다양한 응용 분야 발굴)
재미있고, 감동을 주는 연구 (Fun & Impact)
- 일을 하며 재미있을 주제를 설정한다.
- 사회적인 기여도가 큰 (impact가 있는) 연구를 한다.
- 빈부의 격차를 해소하는 공익을 추구하는 연구를 한다.
- 산업화와 연계될 수 있는 실질적인 것을 한다. (경제적, 기술적 파급효과)